Pioneer a brighter future
When you join Novozymes, you’ll lead the way in creating a brighter future. Your colleagues, who share the same goals and ambitions as you, will support you in realizing your full potential.
Industry Application Specialist – Wastewater Technical Service
In this uniquely designed position, you will have the opportunity to work with internal and external partners in our commercial organization to drive innovation in the wastewater industry. The successful individual will be a classically trained Research Scientist with a commercial focus and strategic mindset to work in partnership with customers to develop new products and technology. Key areas of focus include:
- Leading and communicating about complex and cross-functional projects with high degree of ownership.
- Initiating, designing, coordinating and conducting experimental work.
- Identifying, developing and implementing new biological and enzyme solutions.
- Providing customer insight and closing knowledge gaps throughout product pipeline.
- Staying abreast of technical developments to generate new ideas that lead to submission of invention sheets and patents.
Here’s what it takes:
- Ph.D. in Environmental or Chemical Engineering, Biological Systems Engineering or Environmental Microbiology with 2+ years’ relevant experience, or M.Sc. in the aforementioned disciplines with 4+ years’ relevant experience.
- Ability to analyze data and make recommendations.
- Technical writing experience. Examples include field and laboratory reports, white papers, etc.
- Experience working with other scientists, engineers, and other relevant stakeholders to solve challenges.
- Excellent communication skills including ability to effectively present in front of various stakeholders.
- Fluency in additional languages preferred while mastery of English is required.
- Ability to work independently and effectively manage multiple projects.
- Previous commercial experience preferred.
- Willingness and ability to travel both domestically and internationally up to 30% of the time.
- Ability to work in the U.S. currently and in the future without sponsorship.
Novozymes is the world leader in bio-innovation. We create tomorrow’s solutions by applying technology to nature, to the benefit of both our customers’ bottom line and the planet. Novozymes serves a broad array of industries using enzymes, microorganisms, biopolymers, and biopharmaceutical ingredients.
With over 700 products in 130 countries, Novozymes’ bio-innovations improve industrial performance and safeguard the world’s resources because they represent superior and sustainable solutions for tomorrow’s ever-changing marketplace.
Novozymes is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All employment decisions are based on business needs without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability or veteran status.