The appointee will be responsible for performing bioinformatics analyses, developing and conducting research in bioinformatics-related field with a special focus on environmental engineering applications. The appointee will also gain first-hand experience in working with our on-site and the latest PacBio Sequel Sequencing Platform.
Applicants for the Bioinformatician (Research Associate)/Post-Doctoral Fellow post should have at least a Master’s degree or doctoral degree in either Bioinformatics, Computational Biology or a related field. Applicants should be familiar with bioinformatics tools, particularly pipelines for:
(1) Preprocessing of raw data from various Next-Generation Sequencing (NGS) platforms such as Illumina and PacBio
(2) Taxonomy profiling through 16S rRNA gene metagenomics/metatranscriptomics analyses or targeted functional gene metagenomics/metatranscriptomics analyses
(3) Metabolic profiling through functional metagenomics/metatranscriptomics analyses
(4) de novo whole genome assembly of single and multiple genomes
(5) Statistical analyses such as alpha and beta diversity measurements including ordination plots, etc
Applicants should preferably have knowledge in programming languages such as R, C, C++, etc.
Interested applicants are invited to contact Dr Po-Heng "Henry" Lee at tel no. +852c2766 6067 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
A highly competitive remuneration package will be offered.