Arizona State University
Office EVP Knowledge Enterprise Development
Requisition Id# 29108BR
$38,800 - $54,000 per year; DOE
ASU’s Future H2O Initiative, in collaboration with the Fulton Schools of Engineering, is seeking an Engineer Associate with technical expertise in sensor and data technology. The successful candidate will assist with design, installation, testing, and monitoring of water quality sensors, smart meters, and associated hardware and software to create state-of-the-art water quality/quantity test-beds on ASUs Tempe and Downtown campuses, and potentially other locations.
- Identify commercially available water quality sensors and smart meters that satisfy research objectives, and purchase equipment following appropriate procedures;
- Install, monitor, and maintain water quality sensors and smart meters, and evaluate the accuracy and precision of sensors and meters via sampling, laboratory analysis, and other appropriate techniques;
- Work with faculty, graduate and undergraduate research assistants, and others to identify locations to install sensors, smart meters, and sampling ports including domestic water, industrial water, and sanitary wastewater;
- Work with faculty, researchers, and others to understand data infrastructure needs and create data infrastructure platform to support data analytics and data visualization;
- Lead outreach information sessions/tours, including preparation and presentations of materials and demonstrations;
- Answers questions concerning experiment and provide training on equipment usage and proper techniques;
- Perform minor repairs and calibrations on equipment and contact appropriate party to perform major repairs;
- Serve as liaison between ASU facilities and faculty members by relaying pertinent information on the project, and by discussing and resolving problems and issues in order to facilitate efficient progress;
- Create protocols and standard operating procedures for installing and maintaining equipment;
- Maintain a listing of all equipment and locations for research group access;
- Serve as liaison between Environmental Health and Safety and faculty members for all training and safety requirements;
- Perform other duties as assigned related to sensor test-bed projects.
Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related field AND two (2) years of engineering or related experience; OR, Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Experience with sensor design;
- Experience using sensors in water-efficiency and water-quality research in a smart building setting;
- Experience in capture, processing and analysis of data from sensor-based applications in water resources;
- Experience in lab methods for processing water quality samples.
- Experience in deploying, maintaining and troubleshooting water-quantity and quality sensors.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the principles and practices of water quality, chemical analysis, data collection, and laboratory operation.
- Evidence of effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Evidence od a Masters or higher-level training in engineering or computer science preferred.
- Activities are performed in an environmentally controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, keyboarding and manipulating a computer mouse (75%); frequently required to stand for varying lengths of time and walk moderate distances to perform work (25).
- Regular activities require ability to quickly change priorities which may include and/or are subject to resolution of conflicts.
- Ability to clearly communicate verbally, read, write, see and hear to perform essential functions.
- Calculator, telephone, computer (monitor, keyboard and mouse), printer, fax and copier. This position receives general review of objectives.
The Office of Knowledge Enterprise Development is committed to Advancing Research, Innovation, Entrepreneurship and Economic Development. We seek research funding, support faculty researchers, nurture partnerships with external partners, promote innovation and entrepreneurship, and share what we learn with the community and the world. We make discovery possible. http://research.asu.edu/
Future H2O is ASU’s umbrella water research initiative, housed in Knowledge Enterprise Development. For more information, see: https://futureh2o.asu.edu. Follow us on Twitter: @FutureH2O.
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 90,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit www.asu.edu/tobaccofree
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Background Check Statement:
ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the background check.
Instructions to Apply:
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
To apply please go to www.asu.edu/asujobs/ click "External Applicant" under Staff job opportunities, see Req Id# 29108BR or go directly to: https://sjobs.brassring.com/TGWebHost/jobdetails.aspx?partnerid=25620&siteid=5494&jobId=2739212