The Ira A. Fulton Schools of Engineering at Arizona State University (ASU) seek applicants for a full-time lecturer in the field of environmental engineering to join the newly created B.S.E. program in Environmental Engineering.
As part of joining a new undergraduate program, the lecturer will have the opportunity and is expected to be involved in:
- Teaching a variety of classes
- Curriculum and course development and improvement
- Working with student organizations and competition teams
The position is expected to cover foundational learning at the lower-division (Freshman and Sophomore) and specialized learning at the upper-division (Junior and Senior) of the program.
Appointment will be at the Lecturer or Senior Lecturer rank commensurate with the candidate’s experience and accomplishments, beginning as early as August 2017. The successful candidate will be placed in the newly created Environmental Engineering undergraduate program within the School of Sustainable Engineering and the Built Environment.
- M.S. in environmental engineering, civil engineering or a closely related area
- Demonstrated evidence of commitment to teaching excellence
- Ph.D. in environmental engineering
- Experience in teaching statics and dynamics, fluid mechanics, introduction to environmental engineering, and specialized environmental engineering topics
- Evidence of teaching innovations that incorporate pedagogies of engagement, effective use of technology in the learning environment, and assessment techniques that include formative feedback
How to apply:
To apply, please submit a single PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Current CV
- A statement describing teaching interests and philosophies, and
- Contact information for three references
Review of applications will begin February 22, 2017; if not filled, reviews will occur on the 1st and 15th of the month thereafter until the search is closed.
For more information or questions about this position, please write to email@example.com
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. See ASU’s full non-discrimination statement (ACD 401) at https://www.asu.edu/aad/manuals/acd/acd401.html and the Title IX statement at https://www.asu.edu/titleIX/.
ASU offers applicants an opportunity to voluntarily self-disclose information for the University’s affirmative action plan; applicants may complete an EEO survey for the position they are applying for online.
Information you’ll need to complete the survey:
Job Number: 11862
Job Title: Lecturer in Environmental Engineering
Department Name: Engineering