Recruiting 10 Graduate Research Assistants (MS and/or PhD) to work on an international interdisciplinary project on sustainable cities in India and China
This project led by the University of Minnesota (PI Dr. Anu Ramaswami, co-PI Dr. Jason Cao, co-PI Dr. Julian Marshall) along with Yale University (co-PI Dr. Marian Chertow), Georgia Institute of Technology (co-PI Dr. Armistead Russell), and the University of Colorado at Denver (co-PI Dr. Chris Weible) will focus on developing low carbon and healthy cities in the U.S., India, and China. For more information on the research program please see an overview here. We are recruiting 10 graduate research assistants (GRAs) for positions available addressing the following topics at the associated institutions:
- Topic 1 (University of Minnesota and Yale University):
- Coupled water, energy, and materials footprints of cities
- Industrial symbiosis as a low carbon intervention in Asian cities
- Contact: Dr. Anu Ramaswami, email@example.com/Dr. Marian Chertow, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Topic 2 (University of Minnesota):
- Energy sector planning with water constraints
- Bus rapid transit planning
- Infrastructure upgrades in urban slums in Asia
- Contact: Dr. Anu Ramaswami, email@example.com/ Dr. Jason Cao firstname.lastname@example.org
- Topic 3 (University of Minnesota and Georgia Tech):
- Examining linkages between infrastructure, low carbon interventions, air pollution, and health
- Contact: Dr. Armistead Russell, email@example.com/Dr. Julian Marshall, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Topic 4 (University of Minnesota and UC Denver):
- Social actors and governance of infrastructure toward sustainable and healthy cities
- Contact: Dr. Chris Weible, Chris.Weible@UCDENVER.edu/Dr. Anu Ramaswami, email@example.com
Students with interest in and commitment to studying urban sustainability in interdisciplinary and international settings are encouraged to apply. The University seeks to achieve diversity in its faculty, staff, and student body and welcomes and encourages applications by persons from historically underrepresented groups.
Funded GRAs would start June 1, 2013 with an interactive summer school session in India planned for June to August 2013. GRA packages will vary by school.
Please act soon in applying, with most graduate applications due in January and early February, deadlines are quickly approaching. Application deadlines vary by institution, so please contact each institution directly for their specific application process and deadlines.
If you are interested in these positions, please contact the researchers listed above.