Our team in the Department of Civil & Environmental Engineering at the University of Houston (www.TeamRahimi.com) is seeking a Postdoctoral Researcher, with a focus on developing electrochemical processes for climate change mitigation. The candidate will be specifically involved in cutting-edge research on developing emerging electrochemically-mediated processes for carbon capture and utilization.
The position is for one year with the possibility of renewal. The anticipated start date is September or October 2021.
- Design and perform electrochemical experiments based on potentiometric and coulometric methods
- Design and perform general and electrochemical-based analytical measurements
- Materials synthesis and electrode fabrications using different chemical and electrochemical techniques
- Mentor graduate and undergraduate students
- Present at national conferences, and prepare results for publications
- Assist with grant writing
- A Ph.D. in one of the relevant fields: chemical engineering, environmental engineering, mechanical engineering, materials science and engineering, or chemistry
- Previous experiences in designing and developing electrochemical processes
- Programming skills in Python (Preferred)
To apply, go to https://teamrahimi.com/openings/
Please direct all questions for this position to Dr. Mim Rahimi (email@example.com), with the subject line: Postdoctoral Researcher - Additional Information
ABOUT THE UNIVERSITY AND THE CITY:
The University of Houston, the second most ethnically diverse major research university in the United States, is located in a park-like campus a few minutes from downtown Houston with over 37,000 undergraduate students and nearly 8,000 graduate students. Houston is the fourth largest city in the United States, with over 6.8 million in population. Houston is also the “energy capital of the world”, offering a variety of job opportunities related to energy, sustainability, and environment. The greater Houston area offers state-of-the-art recreational facilities, world-class arts and cultural activities, excellent schools, and affordable housing.
The University of Houston is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or protected veteran status.