We are looking for an enthusiastic, self-motivated Postdoctoral Scholar researcher with demonstrated skills to run bioreactors at pilot scale per direct but no later than August 2021.
Interested applicants are encouraged to contact Mari Winkler firstname.lastname@example.org, to discuss their interests in the Anammox pilot project. Tasks include working on 3-4 pilot scale reactors placed at the Everett utility. The reactors are based on anaerobic ammonium oxidizing bacteria and require dealing with sensor technology. Your general responsibilities will include the oversight or direct participation in the microbiology and design of bioreactor and analysis of molecular samples, preparation of manuscripts for publication in appropriate scientific journals, and written contributions to short monthly reports required by the supporting funding agency. The project is carried out in collaboration with Virginia Tech and University of Utah and will require good communication skills to organize meetings and implement some request by these collaborators. You will work with a second person on the project and therefore it is required to coordinate workflows within a team. This research fellowship is offered for 1 year (12-months) and renewable pending funding availability. The ideal start date is per direct. The postdoc will be hosted in the UW Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, will interact with the researchers at Virginia tech and University of Utah. The immediate supervisor is Mari Winkler.
The ideal candidate will have expertise in one or more areas related to microbiology, process engineering and sensor technology. Postdoctoral scholars are represented by UAW 4121 and are subject to the collective bargaining agreement, unless agreed exclusion criteria apply. For more information, please visit the University of Washington Labor Relations website: https://hr.uw.edu/labor/2019/06/03/agreement-reached-with-uaw-postdoctoral-scholars-on-2019-2021-contract.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze datasets generated on the project
- Run a pilot reactor
- Measure chemical and biological samples with machines like HPLC, qPCR
- Help organize, conduct and participate in training events as needed
- Present at Seminar series
- Regularly attend weekly postdoc + graduate student meetings
- Take on organizational responsibilities in the lab
- PhD degree in environmental engineering or related field
- Familiarity with Anammox technology
- Some computer programming skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Well-honed organizational skills and ability to manage multiple priorities and timelines
- Ability to work with colleagues in a way that enhances collaboration and team building
- Process engineering
- Bioreactor technology
To apply, please submit the following materials to email@example.com :
- Resume or CV
- Cover letter briefly describing your qualifications, professional goals, and specific interest in this position.
- Contact information for 3 references that include, 1) Name 2) Email 3) Institution 4) Phone number
- At least one research paper
Please send these 4 documents in one combined pdf.