Post doctoral position at Stanford University
The Sewer Coronavirus Alert Network (SCAN), led by Stanford faculty Alexandria Boehm, is searching for a post doctoral scholar to conduct research on wastewater based epidemiology. In addition to the laboratory work, the post doc will assist with project management and work with students and other post docs. There are opportunities to interact with colleagues in clinical virology, genetics, medicine and environmental engineering.
The post doc will be expected to write and submit manuscripts collaboratively for peer-reviewed publication and assist with proposal writing. The successful candidate will be encouraged to submit the output of their work to scientific conferences and professional meetings.
The position is for one year with the possibility of renewal based on satisfactory performance and funding availability.
- An ideal candidate will know how to use quantitative PCR and droplet digital PCR and have experience measuring viruses in environmental matrices.
- Additional experience in DNA and/or RNA sequencing technologies is desirable.
- Applicants should have a Ph.D. in environmental engineering, biology, genetics, microbiology or related fields.
- The individual should possess the ability to conduct independent molecular biology measurements and carry out sound statistical analyses.
- Other essential qualifications include excellent oral and written English-language communication skills.
- Due to complexities in attaining visas and international travel during the pandemic, applicants should currently reside in the United States as citizens or with valid US visas.
Required Application Materials:
- Cover letter
- Curriculum vitae
- Sample of related publications
- Names and contact information of three references
Please send applications to Alexandria Boehm email@example.com. The position will stay open until it is filled.