A Research Associate (Postdoctoral researcher) position is available in the lab of Dr. Dawn Reinhold in the Biosystems and Agricultural Engineering Department (BAE). The Reinhold Laboratory studies the fate of pollutants in plant-based ecosystems and the associated design of ecological treatment systems for water pollution. The Research Associate will work on a project examining the role of exudates in mediating the duckweed microbiome when duckweed is exposed to antibiotics and ammonium.
Job duties include but are not limited to:
- Performing laboratory work, including plant culture, microbial culture, and sample analysis. Sample analysis will include metabolomic analysis by mass spectrometry and potential microbial community analysis. Standard preparation and analysis of samples by mass spectrometry (non-metabolomic) will be required.
- Data acquisition, analysis, and interpretation.
- Operating and maintaining scientific instruments.
- Maintaining lab notebook and protocols
- Mentoring one graduate student and up to two undergraduate students.
The successful candidate will be expected to stay current on relevant literature related to the research projects and write manuscripts and funding applications such as fellowships.
The Reinhold Lab was largely inactive during COVID, so there will be a period of laboratory start-up during the appointment.
This is a 9 month position.