A postdoctoral research fellow position is available in Dr. Young Seo’s laboratory in the Department of Civil & Environmental Engineering at the University of Toledo. The selected candidate will work on a funded research project to develop methods for the early detection and mitigation of harmful cyanobacterial blooms. The candidate will work closely with other investigators and collaborators for the research project.
- A Ph.D. in environmental engineering, environmental science, microbiology, molecular biology, biotechnology, or a related field.
- Experience with bacterial culture works and analytical methods (e,g., HPLC, LC-MS/MS, etc.) for water quality analysis. Experience with culturing cyanobacteria is desirable.
- Experience with molecular techniques (e.g., quantitative PCR and DNA/RNA sequencing technologies) and data analysis using statistical and bioinformatics tools.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral).
- A valid driver’s license or the ability to obtain a driver’s license by the employment start date.
- Ability to supervise both undergraduate and graduate students’ research.
- Ability to work as a team member.
The position will initially be for one year but can be extended up to three years depending on satisfactory performance.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Interested applicants can send (1) a cover letter, (2) a CV, (3) contact information of at least 3 references, and (4) a copy of recent publication and/or other supporting documents in a single PDF file to Prof. Young Seo (Youngwoo.email@example.com).
Review of the applications will start immediately, and will continue until the position is filled.