The University of Ottawa (Delatolla laboratory group) is looking for a keen individual to lead research studies on the surveillance of SARS-CoV-2 in wastewaters. The candidate will help supervise masters and PhD students studying wastewater surveillance and will guide laboratory methods related to RNA nucleic acid extraction, RT-qPCR/ddPCR and next generation sequencing. The candidate will also help organize, write and proof-read publications. The candidate will join an energetic research team that is contributing to an emerging field.
The position will be centered in the environmental engineering laboratories at the University of Ottawa under the direction of Dr. Robert Delatolla and will work in close collaborative with Drs. Alex MacKenzie and Tyson E. Graber of the Children’s Hospital of Eastern Ontario – Research Institute.
Applicants are asked to have the following qualifications:
- Postsecondary education in biology, microbiology, molecular biology, biochemistry, environmental engineering, chemical engineering, or related fields. An equivalent combination of education and work experience will also be considered.
- Proven track record of writing/preparing research/scientific manuscripts.
- Proven track record of strong organizational and lab management skills.
- Knowledge of safe laboratory practices.
- Strong organization skills, autonomy, and judgment.
- Strong communication skills.
Candidates with excellent writing skills are especially encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates are asked to email firstname.lastname@example.org.