The Environmental Engineering Program Leaders Annual Meeting – 2020 was held online on June 23. Topics presented and discussed included instruction, research, promotion and tenure in the age of coronavirus. AEESP thanks the Organizers and Presenters for their willingness to share videos and presentation slides from the meeting. A list of the presentations and slides available are below:
Environmental Engineering Program Leaders Annual Meeting – 2020
Virtual Meeting: Tuesday, June 23, 2020
Instruction in the age of Coronavirus (Sarira Motaref, University of Connecticut)
Presentation 1 (slide set, 910 kb)
- Best practices for on-line learning
- How to deliver virtual lab classes?
- Issues with mixed modality and the need to allow students to switch between modalities
Research in the age of Coronavirus
Video 1 (Morton Barlaz, North Carolina State University)
- How to ramp experimental activities back up?
Video 2 (Joseph Hughes, Drexel University)
- How to maintain Graduate student / post-doc / faculty productivity with reduced lab activities?
- Discussion: Impact of travel and visa restrictions on recruiting and subsequent impacts on programs?
Promotion and Tenure in the age of Coronavirus
Video 3 (Craig Benson, Dean of Engineering at University of Virginia)
- Changes in the P & T process?